Ski Trips 2018
Charter et al
Links outside our Club
Blue Ridge Ski Council
Sun, Snow, Surf Ski Club
Over 60 years running ski trips!
These pages contain information about our activities and how you may join us.
We are a small Club of about 200 members. Our meetings are generally held within the Baltimore, Washington, D.C., Annapolis area but since we have been in existence for over 60 years, about 15% now live outside of the immediate area, mostly in nearby Virginia and in the western states. Often we meet in Club member's homes, but our meetings are well attended, and our friendly members are good at making new people feel most welcome.
A Skier's Club
First and foremost, we're skiers. We ski locally, at all major Western U.S. areas, and in Europe. We have 3 to 4 trips yearly led by experienced volunteer leaders to Western U.S., Canada, and Europe, places proven popular in our member surveys. Members of our Club are automatically members of the Blue Ridge Ski Council, and may join sanctioned trips with any of the more than 25 member clubs.
But..We're a year-round Club...
About Our Club
Our ski trips are led by volunteer members who have undergone a Club training program and have been assistant leaders on at least one past trip. Except for shorter local trips, our trips are one week in length, two weeks for Europe. Our trips normally include transportation, lodging, and lift tickets. Our trips, occasionally priced slightly higher than other clubs, focus on excellent accommodations with ski in/ski out access, and airline schedules that avoid "oh-dark-thirty" departure times. Spring, Summer, and Fall activities round out the non-skiing months.
- Summertime biking, casual, once a month,
- Outings, such as group trips to local baseball games,
- Occasional tennis or golf outings,
- Annual social events,
But mostly, trips to world famous ski areas.
- annual picnic
- annual Oktoberfest
- annual crabfeast
- annual holiday party
- Why Our Trips are Different
Back to the Top
- Restricted, mature, friendly membership,
- Experienced trip leaders, who have done it before, and who are familiar with the area,
- On-trip social events,
- Above average, carefully selected trip accommodations,
- Two person hotel rooms, or two to a room condominiums,
- For single persons, a one person, one bed policy (no one is “stuck” sleeping in the condominium living room),
- Novice to intermediate to expert skiing companions,
- Trips to world famous ski areas.